description

cupcakes, cakes, cookies, & more made by charlene



Saturday, October 30, 2010

Alice in Wonderland Inspired Cupcakes

I was crazy, but excited to take on 3 cake orders in the span of a 3 day period.
Here's my second cake for the Halloween weekend.
I had an order from my uncle-in-law's wife to make a pull apart cake of about 50 cupcakes based on the "Mad Hatter" theme from Alice in Wonderland for her granddaughter's 8th birthday. I decided to stick to the "Alice in Wonderland" theme. The individual cupcakes are covered in marshmallow fondant and the pull apart cake is covered in cream cheese frosting colored green to represent grass. The red roses, clock, hearts and queen's crown are all made of marshmallow fondant.

I did make a jumbo chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting with a "Mad Hatter's hat" made of marshmallow fondant on top for the birthday girl!


Close ups...


This cake was a litte stressful to make because of all the fondant details, but it was totally fun & I can't wait to do it again for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment