description

cupcakes, cakes, cookies, & more made by charlene



Sunday, October 17, 2010

Toy Story Jessie Inspired Cake


For my goddaughter's 6th birthday, she had a Jessie Toy Story party. As part of her birthday present, I made her a giant red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting (serves about 12), on top of a double layered chocolate cake in cow print fondant. To surround the bottom layer cake, I placed yellow MnMs all around the cake. It was pretty heavy and I was nervous it wouldn't make it to the party.
Thank goodness, it did! Whew! Thanks to my dad for his cautious driving & my mom for holding part of the cake during the long drive!
And of course, I had to bring some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting topped with personalized "Jessie" toppers with the birthday girl's name & age!


**Since this was my first attempt at an actual birthday cake with fondant rather than frosting, I give thanks for my husband & daughter for putting up with my anxiety & stress during the decorating process. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment