description

cupcakes, cakes, cookies, & more made by charlene



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kitchen Bridal Shower

I threw a kitchen bridal shower for my lovely friend and cousin last weekend. Since she was new to cooking & wanted to learn for her new life with her future hubby, I thought this theme would be great for her!



Her wedding theme is purple, so I also incorporated the color into her cupcake/cake tier! I made ube (taro) cupcakes which are purple. I topped the tier with 4 jumbo cupcakes that were wrapped with sayings "Congrats, Donna" and "Isn't love delicious?" and had little kitchen gadgets on top of the cupcakes (a knife, spoon, frying pan, & spatula).








A bridesmaid had her sister make chocolate cake pops & mini red velvet cupcakes to also go with the theme. My sister also made yummy pecan tarts from scratch for the first time! So proud of her!




I also made a photo garland as decoration that said "BRIDAL SHOWER." It was simple to make. I just printed photos of the couple onto regular card stock paper & also created the lettering on my computer. After cutting them out, I hole punched them at the top & strung purple string through the holes.




For centerpieces, the Bride's florist created centerpieces, but I also threw in some kitchen themed centerpieces. I had measuring cups filled with chex mix for guests to snack on at the tables! So easy, cheap, & cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment